Lamb or Chicken 1 kg (12 pieces)
Potato 250 gm (large cubes)
Tomato 250 gm (sliced)
White Pearl Sella Rice ½ kg (soaked)
Yogurt 1 cup (beaten)
Green chilli 10-12
Dry plums 12
Onion 6 large (sliced thinly)
Salt to taste
Ginger paste 1 tbsp
Garlic paste 1 tbsp
Whole all spices 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder 1 tbsp
Coriander 1 tbsp
Cumin powder 1 tsp
All spices powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Nutmeg and Mace ½ tsp
Green cardamom ½ tsp
Screw pine water 1 tsp
Yellow color 1/3 tsp + 1 pinch
Coriander 1 bunch (chopped)
Mint 1 bunch (chopped)
White Pearl Oil approximately 3/4 cup
- Par-boil White Pearl Sella rice in salted water with whole all spices.
- Sieve and set aside.
- Heat White Pearl oil, add onions and fry till golden.
- Take half the onion out on absorbent paper.
- Then add ginger, garlic, salt, nutmeg and mace, green cardamom, red chilli powder, all spices powder, turmeric, coriander and cumin powder in the rest of the onion left in pan.
- Now add tomatoes and yogurt, cook.
- Add meat and cook till tender.
- Apply a pinch of yellow food color on potatoes and fry.
- Now add fried potatoes, dry plums and green chillies to the chicken, mix.
- Spread the White Pearl rice over meat.
- Drizzle 2 tbsp White Pearl oil and 1/2 tsp yellow food color mixed in screw pine water on top.
- Sprinkle fried onion, chopped coriander and mint over the White Pearl
- Cover tightly and cook on very low heat for 15 minutes.
- Memoni Biryani is ready to serve.